The Associate Investment Advisor at Donaldson Capital Management is an integral part of our team, serving as the connection between our clients, support team, and advisors. This great communicator, influencer, and enthusiastic person will support the vision, positive culture, and team spirit.
They have obtained the proper licensing and experience to work directly with clients. They ensure client satisfaction by working closely and overseeing the operational workflow and support functions related to their team's needs. Their primary responsibility is to help manage a group of client relationships and work with their colleagues to carry out the best client experience.
The Associate Investment Advisor coordinates technical, financial planning, and investment management work, either under the management of higher-level professionals or on their own. They usually work with other professional planners in the firm, are under the supervision of a Lead Investment Advisor and Senior Investment Advisor. They also may have decision-making abilities as determined by their Senior and Lead Investment Advisors on client plans, investment and operational processes and procedures, and client affairs.
Client and Advisory Engagement:
- Provides coordination between the Advisory Team, Centralized Client Services Team, Trading, Investment Group, and Financial Planning Team to support Senior/Lead Investment Advisors in all manners of the client experience.
- Communicating with clients regarding their needs, objectives, goals, concerns, and planning tools; communicating and representing the client with those outside the organization and other external sources to carry out client service goals. Ensures phones and visitors are answered promptly and professionally.
- Scheduling and participating in shepherding or client meetings for the team
- Preparing and auditing necessary reports for the portfolio review or financial plan
- Ensures accuracy and understanding in preparation for a client meeting and bringing missing or incomplete information to the Lead or Senior advisors' attention on their team.
- Takes thorough notes and documents in CRM in appropriate fields.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Senior or Lead Investment Advisor(s), client, or other groups outside the organization on technical, financial planning, and investment planning needs, systems, or process-related topics.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to solve client or operational problems and being accountable and held responsible for those decisions.
- Ensures the compiling, categorizing, calculating, auditing, reconciling, downloading, and verifying client data in the organizations' client-related software programs, including CRM's, Financial Planning Software, Investment Management software, and other related or connected programs is completed according to procedure.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources to ensure client accounts are up to date.
- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used by other professionals.
- Identifies concerns, problems, or opportunities within client accounts or households and notifying, updating, or correcting the client information before becoming a problem for the more professional advisors or the client's relationship.
- Identifies information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events in the relationship and the clients' data.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Utilizes the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers quickly and correctly. The in-depth understanding of time value of money: present value, future value, annuity payments, internal rate of return, and compounding interest.
- Engage and prepare client onboarding requirements for financial planning and coordinates with the financial planning department.
- Engage with the trading team and rebalancing partners to ensure portfolios align with investment strategy agreements.
- Works closely with the client to gather information during onboarding and communicate with the Centralized Client Service Team to update CRM with the necessary data.
- Supports Compliance to maintain an effective and robust investment advisory compliance program
- Performs other compliance-related tasks and projects as assigned
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor's degree required
- Ideally, 0-4 years of experience in a direct advisory capacity in financial services
- Series 65 or required to obtain within 120 days of hire
- The pursuit of other credentials, CFP® or CRPC® strongly preferred.
- Servant Leadership experience a plus
- Experience with Securities, Financial Planning, and Investments a plus
- Experience working with various Custodian Platforms a plus (Fidelity, Schwab, TDA, etc.)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Donaldson Capital Management's CRM, preferred
- Demonstrates DCM Values and can handle confidential information with care daily
- Shows the ability to deal with stress in an ever-changing investment market and financial services in a calm and collected manner.
- Maintain a high level of emotional intelligence while being professional with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes base salary plus team incentive based on experience and team goals, and company revenue pool incentive. Generous benefits include: Medical, Vision, and Dental, Health Savings Account contribution, PTO and paid holidays, Life and AD & D, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, Traditional and Roth 401(k) with match, Profit Sharing, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
This report was prepared by Donaldson Capital Management, LLC, a federally registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Registration as an investment adviser does not imply a certain level of skill or training. The oral and written communications of an adviser provide you with information about which you determine to hire or retain an adviser. Information in these materials are from sources Donaldson Capital Management, LLC deems reliable, however we do not attest to their accuracy.
An index is a portfolio of specific securities, the performance of which is often used as a benchmark in judging the relative performance to certain asset classes. Indexes are unmanaged portfolios and investors cannot invest directly in an index. An index does not charge management fees or brokerage expenses, and no such fees or expenses were deducted from the performance shown. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. The mention of specific securities and sectors illustrates the application of our investment approach only and is not to be considered a recommendation by Donaldson Capital Management, LLC.
S&P 500: Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500 Index. The S&P 500 Index is an unmanaged, capitalization-weighted index designed to measure the performance of the broad U.S. economy through changes in the aggregate market value of 500 stocks representing all major industries.